Hyper V Graylog

I run Graylog on Hyper V, but there is no network connection, there is message about “failed to connect to lvmetad”

Annotation%202019-11-10%20104044

If you use OVA, this VM by default support obtaining IP address from DHCP.
So first check your network interface loging into ubuntu using username: ubuntu and password: ubuntu.
After that check your interface name and ip adress using command: sudo ip addr show
If you don’t have DHCP in your network, you have to configure IP address manualy using netplat like this:

sudo vim /etc/netplan/01-netcfg.yaml

network:
version: 2
renderer: networkd
ethernets:
ens160:
addresses:
- 10.0.0.10/24
gateway4: 10.0.0.1
nameservers:
addresses: [10.0.0.1]

Change line ens160: to your real interface name (output of command: sudo ip addr show)
sudo netplat apply

Graylog show default web interface password for admin user only first time on console (it’s generated). So if you restart your VM second time, you can’t see it. If so you have 2 options:

1. Either generate your own password and setup it to parameter root_password_sha2
    sudo vim /etc/graylog/server/server.conf
    https://docs.graylog.org/en/3.1/pages/configuration/server.conf.html#general
  2. Or remove generated password on parameter root_password_sha2 so line like will look like this: root_password_sha2 = . After that create file /var/lib/graylog-server using command: sudo touch /var/lib/graylog-server/firstboot and reboot. After reboot you should see new password on console before login.

sudo vim /etc/graylog/server/server.conf
sudo touch /var/lib/graylog-server/firstboot
sudo reboot

Can you tell me how to save the file after editing, i edited the file in ova but how do i exit and save. In terminal.

To save file in vim editor, simply press: Esc and type :wq and press Enter

and what shortcut for editing

Annotation%202019-11-11%20062425

Please use this indentation… so either add space to desired lines, or replace with next block

network:
  version: 2
  renderer: networkd
  ethernets:
    enp0s10f0:
      addresses:
        - 192.168.40.62/24
      gateway4: 192.168.40.1
      nameservers:
        addresses: [192.168.40.1]

@shoothub hanks, all up and running :slight_smile:

Can you tell me how do I login as root, in terminal

Annotation%202019-11-11%20174547

sudo (your command)
https://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BecomingRoot

Used sudo -i to get as root

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.