How to use open this Graylog Open Server w/ bundled JVM (linux-x64)

hello i went to use open search but i don t know how to use the line Graylog Open Server w/ bundled JVM (linux-x64) and start this server just need help for start i have examen in 7 days

Greetings!

Can you clarify your question? What is your desired outcome?

Graylog uses the bundled JVM by default. In terms of functionality there is zero difference though between graylog using a bundled JDK and the normal openjdk package.

Do you have graylog running currently? You can verify the java path via the JVM settings file.

If the JAVA variable is commented out, graylog will use the bundled JDK. At the bottom of each graylog web page, the JDK information is shown as well, for example:

Graylog 5.1.1+ef1b993 on [servername] (Eclipse Adoptium 17.0.6 on Linux 5.15.0-71-generic)

Is using the bundled jdk.

Hope that helps.

Actually, the problem is that I would like to have a Graylog because I have a project that ends in 6 days, but I don’t know how to launch the application using Graylog Open Server with bundled JVM (linux-x64). So, in fact, I would like to get it working. I’ve been trying for three months with all kinds of installations, but it’s not working, even Docker is bugging. So, I would appreciate some help on this.

Hi @mamnotetsu

1. did you read the docs about installing graylog? Installing Graylog
  2. until which step did you go?
  3. what error-message did you get?
    without those information it will be impossible to help you. Please answer all three questions!
1 Like

hi @ihe

1. yes i have read the documentation i have all ready test to install on cent os docker and other

2 i have make all step for install on debian cent os and docker

3 i have an error on my opensearch configuration but i don t know the error

and it s possible to get an ova of graylog it s better i think

If you want to give it a try, you can use this install doc. Its written in such a way where all you need to do is setup the ubuntu server and then copy/paste the commands. You don’t even need to directly edit any text files :slight_smile: