Graylog and Debian 12

Hi,
Have very simple question - is there any reason that there are still no Graylog packages for Debian 12? There is only Debian 11 mentioned in the docs.

The latest version of graylog only supports MongoDB 6 (not 7).

Mongo does NOT list Debian 12 as a supported platform for MongoDB 6.

Similarly for ubuntu 22, it was a long while before mongo supported it. Debian 12 has only been out for about 7 months. Give it some time and this will likely be resolved, either by mongo adding support for mongo 6 on Debian, or Graylog supporting mongo 7 in a later release.

For now the only resolution is to use a supported operation system.

1 Like

I’ve installed Graylog on a Debian 12 host and it was a real pain in the @r$3 to get mongodb installed. On my home lab I have mongo running in a separate Debian 11 container with Opensearch and Graylog Server each running in separate Debian 12 containers, respectively.

Hi,
So maybe it would be good idea to announce support for your software with Mongo DB 7 which is supported on Debian 12 and not only wait when MongoDB 6.0 will support Debian 12 if there will be such miracle at all? What do you think? You say that Debian 12 is out for only 7 months. I would say it out long time ago. I also think that its not good thing to start support new OS at it’s end of life period.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.