Email Configuration

I recently installed Graylog 2 using .ova. I have configured alerting, but when testing, I received the error that email transport is not enabled in the server configuration file. So after a quick Google search, I found that I must use the graylog-ctl script to configure my email settin
gs. After entering the settings as instructed, I am getting the following error in the CLI:

(eval):31:in `block (2 levels) in load_files': invalid option: --no-ssl] (OptionParser::InvalidOption)
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/omnibus-ctl-0.0.7/lib/omnibus-ctl.rb:145:in `call'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/omnibus-ctl-0.0.7/lib/omnibus-ctl.rb:145:in `block in add_command'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/omnibus-ctl-0.0.7/lib/omnibus-ctl.rb:366:in `run'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/omnibus-ctl-0.0.7/bin/omnibus-ctl:27:in `<top (required)>'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/bin/omnibus-ctl:23:in `load'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/bin/omnibus-ctl:23:in `<main>'

Any suggestions? I am assuming that I enter the commands in one line, is that correct?

EDIT: Now I see that I can edit the server.conf file, but I cannot access the directory through a terminal. I am not too savvy with Linux, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

What’s the exact command you’ve been executing which led to this error message?

why did you not just check the documentation?

http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.3/pages/configuration/graylog_ctl.html

I have read the documentation. If you read my original post, you will see that I am receiving the error shown. That is the issue that the documentation does not appear to have a solution to.

The exact command I am executing (with personal info omitted) is:

sudo graylog-ctl set-email config xx.xx.xx.xx [–port=25 --username=jon.doe --password=password --from-email=graylog@xxxx.com --web-url=xx.xx.xx.xx --no-tls --no-ssl]

Upon hitting enter, I get the error shown in my original post.

Thanks!

The square brackets signal optional arguments. You mustn’t use them in the actual command, otherwise bash will interpret that command incorrectly (or correctly, given the square brackets have a meaning in the shell).

Thank you Jochen. Now that I know that, I will give it another try.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.