Email Configuration

(Brian Warholak) #1

I recently installed Graylog 2 using .ova. I have configured alerting, but when testing, I received the error that email transport is not enabled in the server configuration file. So after a quick Google search, I found that I must use the graylog-ctl script to configure my email settin
gs. After entering the settings as instructed, I am getting the following error in the CLI:

(eval):31:in `block (2 levels) in load_files': invalid option: --no-ssl] (OptionParser::InvalidOption)
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/omnibus-ctl-0.0.7/lib/omnibus-ctl.rb:145:in `call'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/omnibus-ctl-0.0.7/lib/omnibus-ctl.rb:145:in `block in add_command'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/omnibus-ctl-0.0.7/lib/omnibus-ctl.rb:366:in `run'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/2.1.0/gems/omnibus-ctl-0.0.7/bin/omnibus-ctl:27:in `<top (required)>'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/bin/omnibus-ctl:23:in `load'
        from /opt/graylog/embedded/bin/omnibus-ctl:23:in `<main>'

Any suggestions? I am assuming that I enter the commands in one line, is that correct?

EDIT: Now I see that I can edit the server.conf file, but I cannot access the directory through a terminal. I am not too savvy with Linux, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

(Jochen) #2

What’s the exact command you’ve been executing which led to this error message?

(Jan Doberstein) #3

why did you not just check the documentation?

http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.3/pages/configuration/graylog_ctl.html

(Brian Warholak) #4

I have read the documentation. If you read my original post, you will see that I am receiving the error shown. That is the issue that the documentation does not appear to have a solution to.

(Brian Warholak) #5

The exact command I am executing (with personal info omitted) is:

sudo graylog-ctl set-email config xx.xx.xx.xx [–port=25 --username=jon.doe --password=password --from-email=graylog@xxxx.com --web-url=xx.xx.xx.xx --no-tls --no-ssl]

Upon hitting enter, I get the error shown in my original post.

Thanks!

(Jochen) #6

The square brackets signal optional arguments. You mustn’t use them in the actual command, otherwise bash will interpret that command incorrectly (or correctly, given the square brackets have a meaning in the shell).

(Brian Warholak) #7

Thank you Jochen. Now that I know that, I will give it another try.

(system) #8

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.