Email Transport Configuration is missing or invalid

Hello,
First off I’m very new to linux and graylog.

I have the following error on my graylog console:

Email Transport Configuration is missing or invalid!

I’ve got Graylog on a Debian server VM (and it needs to be updated but that’s another issue that I think is unrelated). we changed internet providers in the fall and that’s when I started using this ovh account, thought i tested but i maybe forgot to restart the services when I tested.

Here is my config in /etc/graylog/server/server.conf

transport_email_enabled = true
transport_email_hostname = ssl0.ovh.net
transport_email_port = 465
transport_email_use_auth = true
transport_email_auth_username = username
transport_email_auth_password = password
transport_email_from_email=username
transport_email_use_tls = false

Enable SMTP with STARTTLS for encrypted connections.

transport_email_use_ssl = true

Enable SMTP over SSL (SMTPS) for encrypted connections.

Not sure what else I should check, not sure when it broke as I was on other projects including replacing the host server and adding VLANs. I’ve got a linux server on this same vlan with centreon and it sends emails just fine.

I’ve checked and I can Nc -zv to the server smtp over 465, I’ve rechecked my username and password multiple times and verified with ovh everything is correct

This account and port work in other programs just fine with authentification.

Does this look correct? Where else can I look for problems? Or is this because I need to update?

Thanks!

Hey @KC76

Think your missing the configurations.

transport_email_web_interface_url = https://192.168.1.100:9000 OR http://192.168.1.100:9000

Thanks for your response.

This did start working again yesterday, I was maybe just missing a restart of services, I admit I’m not exactly sure why it started working again but I had to restart my VM Host machine yesterday and when I restarted the VM for graylog I got mail again…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.