Bug when adding license for small business

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
I installed graylog, and upgraded it on debian 10. I then installed the package for the enterprise version, rebooted. Subscribed to try out the small business license. I then go into enterprise/licenses, licenses, and add the license I got by email. It is a PGP file. Once I try to do that I get this error message:

### Invalid license

**Reason** : Unable to parse license. Check if required fields are missing: JWT strings must contain exactly 2 period characters. Found: 0

If I randomly add two periods to the license I get this message:

Unable to parse license. Check if required fields are missing: JWT string '..-

Both of them followed by the license key.

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information:
    Debian GNU/Linux 10

• Package Version:
    Graylog 4.2.4+b643d2b

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
None, since it seems to be a bug.

4. How can the community help?
Help understand why this error might be coming up, and see if there is any additional configuration that can or should be done in order to correct it.

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Your license should come in as a text file, make sure to open it in something simple like notepad.exe and copy the entire thing into the licensing box… there should be no line breaks. If that is not working, there is a very slight chance they sent you a bad license file… I would write back to Graylog and ask for clarification or re-licensing.

1 Like

Thanks, license did come as a text file, it was not opened correctly in my text editor, but it’s been fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.