Whole stack of Graylog service migrate to another Linux server

Hi All,

I am currently using a self build Linux VM to run a GLS 2.5.1. We recently acquired a physical server and plan to migrate the GL server, mongodb and elasticsearch data to this new physical server. I try to find the document but no information is mentioning about the database and server migration. Could anyone help?

Hi Kelvin!

I reckon the Graylog site or docs don’t discuss wholesale migrations, because migrating MongoDB and ElasticSearch is a whole different kettle of fish. I’d suggest you look up their respective documentation sets.

One dirty-yet-clean method I could think of is to actually have both boxen up and running at the same time for a while: make them a cluster where all data is synced across both nodes and then in the end break down the cluster again. But there’s gotta be better ways to do it :slight_smile:

Simple backup every part of graylog and restore it to the phisical server. Then check the new server.
Stop old graylog, backup-restore the elastic database (it could change; it stores logs), shutdown the old server, add the old server’s ip to the new server.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.