User lockout time after wrong password

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
I want to have an option to lockout a user that trie to put wrong password for 3 times for example

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information:
    ubuntu server 20.04.5
  • Package Version:

v4.3.9

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?

4. How can the community help?

Hello and a Happy new year.
I am new to graylog set up. until now with the post here I set up my log server with success.
My issue now is that I should have a security option for my future employees and this is in the case of a user that trie to log in at the interface of graylog with 3 failed attempts his/her account should be deactivete for some time or until the admin unlock this user.
I search but I dont find something simillar.

Thank you in advance

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hello && welcome @kavalaris

There isnt one I know of.

You do have a couple of choices thou. Connect the Graylog server to a Active Directory and adjust failed logon attempts there or Graylog Operation/Enterprise license you can use the SSo OIDC and adjust the failed logon attempts from there.

EDIT:
you can ask for a feature request here

1 Like

We already have a feature request for this:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.