1. Describe your incident:
Upgrading OpenJDK from 8 to 17
2. Describe your environment:
OS Information: Ubuntu 18.04
Package Version: Graylog 4.3.2, Elasticsearch 7.10.2, Mongo 4.2.20
Service logs, configurations, and environment variables: Note, HTTPS is enabled and functioning.
3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem? N/A
4. How can the community help?
I would like to upgrade openJDK from the current version 8, which was the norm when I first install Graylog. I would like to upgrade to 17, as that seems to be the suggested versions in the documentation.
- Do I simply install the 17 and run “update-alternatives --config java” option?
- Do I need to do anything else?
- Any problems with the current custom certificate store to worry about?
- This doesn’t cause any issues with Elasticsearch, which indicates that 7.10.2 is only fully supported to java 15? I’m assuming not, but just checking.
Thanking anyone who answers in advance.