Trouble installing net new single node install

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
Attempting to install Graylog 5.2 on Debian 11, following the guide. Opensearch 2.09 reports up and running with config changes per the guide made, Mongod installed and is running without issue. When I get to graylog setup GUI it never detects a data node, both links in that gui are also broken, so I’m not really sure how to proceed further. All services appear to be running but nothing is detected for data.

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information: Debian 11

• Package Version:
    graylog-server/stable,now 5.2.0-7 amd64 [installed]
    opensearch/stable,now 2.9.0 amd64

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:
    Nothing not worth that I was able to locate

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
Reinstalled Debian 11, recompleted the install steps about 4 times, also tried other distros of linux (Rocky).

4. How can the community help?
Any steps that my google-fo failed to find or an explanation of the setup process and what I might be missing for the data setup.

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Did you set the elasticsearch hosts setting in server.conf to point to your opensearch node ip and port?

1 Like

Those silly 3am details, proving to me once again, go to bed. Thank you for the tip!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.