Sidecar not able to connect to Graylog

I have been trying to set up a Sidecar using Winlogbeats to collect Windows event logs. The sidecar is running and the input sees it. It shows no active connections. The Sidecar services are running on the Windows server and the firewall between the two shows activity on port 5044. I get the following in the log on the Windows server (the sidecar):

2021-05-11T09:08:46.072-0500 ERROR [publisher_pipeline_output] pipeline/output.go:154 Failed to connect to backoff(async(tcp://<IP_ADDRESS>:5044)): dial tcp <IP_ADDRESS>:5044: connectex: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I’m not sure what information is needed. Let me know and I’ll post. Thanks for the help!

Hi Jeff,

Can you show your collector config?

Should look something like below:

Good Morning–

Thanks for the reply. I looked further into it and it was an issue with the firewall on the Graylog server. Once that was configured all worked great. Thanks for the response. I really appreciate it.

That’s great to hear! I’ll go ahead and mark this issue as resolved then.