Pipeline rule to grok notice.log from BRO-IDS

Hi All,

I want to parse the notice log from BRO-IDS with a pipeline rule with grok. I have the following rule:

rule “Bro notice log fields”
when
has_field(“file”) &&
contains(value: to_string($message.file), search: “notice.log”, ignore_case: true)
then
let parsed_fields = grok(“(?:%{BASE10NUM:ts})\t%{NOTSPACE:uid}\t%{NOTSPACE:id_orig_h}\t%{NOTSPACE:id_orig_p}\t%{NOTSPACE:id_resp_h}\t%{NOTSPACE:id_resp_p}\t%{NOTSPACE:fuid}\t%{NOTSPACE:file_mime_type}\t%{NOTSPACE:file_desc}\t%{NOTSPACE:proto}\t(?\S+::(\S+?)+)\t(?(.*?))\t%{WORD:sub}\t%{IPV4:srcip}\t%{IPV4:dstip}\t%{NOTSPACE:dstport}\t%{NOTSPACE:count}\t%{NOTSPACE:peer_descr}\t(?\S+::(\S+?)+)\t(?:%{BASE10NUM:supress_for})\t%{WORD:Dropped}\t%{NOTSPACE:Country_code}\t%{NOTSPACE:Region}\t%{NOTSPACE:City}\t%{NOTSPACE:latitude}\t%{NOTSPACE:longitude}”, $message.message);
set_fields(parsed_fields);
end

I get the error: Invalid Expression (line: 6, column: 411)

I need some help to fix this, the grok pattern works when I put it on https://grokdebug.herokuapp.com/ with this line of log

1554394503.663211 - - - - - - - - - Scan::Port_Scan 10.3.1.19 scanned at least 15 unique ports of host 10.3.1.97 in 0m1s local 10.3.1.19 10.3.1.97 - - - Notice::ACTION_LOG 3600.000000 F - - - - -

The grokdebugger on heroku is not the same GROK engine Graylog uses…

In Graylog 3.0 you could use the build in Grok Debugger …

I guess it is because you use $message.message and not to_string($message.message) - but not sure with that.

any try to escape \.
eg. \\t instead of \t

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.