Multiple Fields/Different Axis/Additional Columns in tables or Dashboard Widgets

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I’ve been really impressed with the speed of responses I’ve got from this community so thought it’d be good to post the question.

Is there a way to show multiple fields or change the axis or add additional columns to tables on widgets/graphs/histograms/tables to be placed on dashboards? A couple of examples:

1. A table with the columns “Username” and “IP Address” against a query that displays failed logins.
  2. A chart that shows the field “amount of time spent” on the x axis and the total number on the y axis.
  3. A chart that shows the field “url” on the x axis and the total number on the y axis. etc etc

Also as a bonus question, is it possible to modify the world maps so that the information shown when clicking on a red dot on the map is different? For example showing an IP address or other field instead of the geolocation field.

Appreciate the help and effort in replying!

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I’ve been really impressed with the speed of responses I’ve got from this community so thought it’d be good to post the question.

Did you invest some time to find the answers yourself?

1. is possible (stacked quickvalues)
  2. no
  3. no
  4. it is not possible to extend the map or change what is shown

that is all by default - Graylog is flexible and can be expanded by plugins. When a function is missing - write a plugin yourself that does what you need.

that’s why I love reading posts.
I learn new things day-by-day.

Thanks @jan for new information.

I did search around and only found an old closed feature request asking the same thing.

How do you do stacked quick values?

Edit, just found how to do it. For future reference it’s clicking ‘quick values’ in the fields dropdown as usual, then on the quick values table, clicking ‘customise’ the ‘configuration’ has a ‘stacked fields’ option. Will have a play now.

1 Like

Hey that’s pretty sweet! Thanks for sharing that Dale!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.