Multinode configuration MongoDB

Dear all,

I am trying to setup a Multinode cluster existing of:
3 Elasticsearch Cluster Nodes
2 Graylog Input Nodes

The Elasticsearch-cluster runs already fine. The Problem is the second Graylog Node. I do not Need a MongoDB Replica, I just installed MongoDB on the first Graylog Node.

I now want to use MongoDB from my second node. Therefor I understood that I do not have to install MongoDB on the second node.

However, I tried several Things but I never get the second Graylog node visible in my Graylog Webpage -> Nodes :frowning:

I changed the IP in /etc/mongod.conf from localhost to Server IP - no success - Graylog did not even start anymore

How can I use the MongoDB from my first node in the second one?

I also created a user + PW on my first node and on the second I configured the following on my server.conf:

Authenticate against the MongoDB server

mongodb_uri = mongodb://graylogdbusr:PASSWORD@IPOFFIRSTNODE:27017/graylog

–>Nothing changed

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance,
BR
Steffen

Do you recommend to use a MongoDB replica on my two Graylog nodes? I think about that atm but I am very new to MongoDB…

You don’t have to create a MongoDB replica set. A single MongoDB instance is okay, if you don’t want to have high-availability.

Please post the complete configuration and logs of your Graylog nodes and MongoDB.
:arrow_right: http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.4/pages/configuration/file_location.html

Hi Jochen, thanks for your reply. I’ve had this issue since a week and tried so much things and read many articles. I just resolved that by my own by Setting the bindIP to 0.0.0.0. Now I see both nodes. Sorry for wasting your time. Please Close that Topic. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.