Mongo DB 6.0 without instrucctions AVX

Hello again to everyone

I am going to put graylog 5.0 in a VmWare player 17 virtual machine with RedHat 9 but MongoDB needs a CPU/hypervisor with AVX instructions support, How can I do that? Have I to configure BIOS/UEFI or VmWare Player 17?

Best regards. Thanks a lot.

Hey @jgutie45

Check your CPU for AVX flag. If it not there you will need a CPU that has it.

root # cat /proc/cpuinfo

Should see something like this…

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 62
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v2 @ 2.50GHz
stepping        : 4
microcode       : 0xffffffff
cpu MHz         : 2500.000
cache size      : 25600 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
apicid          : 1
initial apicid  : 1
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid pni ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt hypervisor lahf_lm pti ssbd ibrs ibpb md_clear flush_l1d arch_capabilities
bugs            : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs itlb_multihit mmio_unknown retbleed
bogomips        : 5000.00
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

You might want to look at this post.

Hello Again Mr Gsmith nice to see you

Well I executed the comand and yes in the flags put avx but I am doing this with VmWare Player 17 so, have I something to do in the VmWare Player 17 BIOS/UEFI or in the phisical machine? I tried to install graylog 5.0 a 6 months ago but it was imposible because the mongo 5.0 requirements.

Best regards.

Hey @jgutie45

Same here, hope you doing well.

It might be a setting like hyper-v.
This is weird because I found this statement stating AVX is in version 5.0 and you have 17. TBH I would ask in there forum see what they say, Im not similar with VmWare.

Hello Mr Gsmith

I hope you are well like me.
I am going to make a question in the forum see what they say.

Best regards.

Hello gsmith

I have installed all, begining from 0 and all works. Why? I don´t know, what thing I did wrong… ??? no idea.
My installation is graylog-server 5.0.10-1, mongodb 6.0.9-1.el9 and opensearch 2.5.0-1 in a REDHAT9 ENTERPRISE LINUX SERVER and all works.
Sorry to disturb you and thanks again to response.

Best regards and thanks again.

1 Like