How to edit the dashboard and save it

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
The source filed is unknown, i want to edit the panel and persist it. But after I edit the panel, refresh the page, the content is restored.

2. Describe your environment:
I deploy the filebeat with k8s daemoset which to collect logs, graylog deploy on EC2.

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
Edit the panel, but after I edit the panel, refresh the page, the content is restored.

4. How can the community help?
Tell me how to edit the panel and persist it, and tell me how to make the source field no longer unknonw

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hi @Drewolf, it would help to know the version of Graylog, but I will assume for the moment that it is relatively current.

To change the default layout of the All Messages preview table, just click on the pencil icon at the top right of the All Messages widget.

Hi, thanks for reply. The version of Graylog is 5.1.3.
I have changed the default layout of all messages preview table to delete the “source” field by click on the pencil icon.

But after I edit the panel, refresh the page, the content is restored.

How do I permanently save the all messages preview table changes?

Click the save button:
https://go2docs.graylog.org/5-0/making_sense_of_your_log_data/saved_searches.html

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.