How to access the Graylog without the port number?

Hello,

Currently I am accessing Graylog with “graylog-xxx.com:9000”. But am looking to access the Graylog just by “graylog-xxx.com” excluding the port number.

Graylog version: 4.0.7

Kindly help me to achieve the same.

Thanks,
-DocGyan

Are you using any Domain or DNS ?

@docgyan :wave: it looks like there’s a lot of useful information missing from your post. Namely, what have you tried so far? I’ll refer you to this post: How to Post a Question in the Community that Gets Responses. Generally, the more information you can provide to the community, the better we’re all able to help you solve your problem. I’ll note that a search of the docs would yield quite a bit of information about using a variety of reverse proxies, as well as some useful configuration examples. There’s even this template example in our templates category. So, the more you’re able to tell us about what you’ve tried so far, the more targeted recommendations the community can make.

1 Like

We are using DNS and I am trying to exclude 9000 port number

:wave: @aaronsachs

I completely agree with your message, I have tried executing below steps.

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 9000 -j ACCEPT

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 9000

After executing the above steps I am not able to browse Graylog using browser it says “page isn’t working”
Do I need to install any reverse proxy?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.