Get values of widget using the graylog api

I tried to get a single value of a widget in graylog using the api.
e.g. I tried this curl command:

curl-u accesstoken:token -H 'Accept: application/json' -X GET 'http://mygraylog.com:80/api/dashboards/5e8422301d35b7797fefxxx/widgets/f46d2de5-3899-4aca-9d40-1b08ac3axxxx/value'

The returning value is:

{"type":"ApiError","message":"Couldn't find dashboard with ID 5e8422301d35b7797fefxxxx"}

Unfortunately, I cannot understand this message because both the dashboard ID and the widget ID are correct. I have checked this MULTIPLE times.

Therefore I’m no longer sure whether the command is correct at all.

Which version of graylog do you use?

My Graylog Version is: Graylog 3.2.4+a407287 on 17a32894d2c

I thinks, that version 3.2 of graylog changed dashboard function to view, so you use legacy api, which don’t work.

Yes, that’s true. But how can I get the values instead? In the documentation I do not find something simular.
And other kinds of queries in the legathy api still work fine, such as the list of all dashboards.

Why do you try to return value of specific widget, it’s not possible to search value using normal search?

To be honest, I don’t care where the value comes from. If it is a search, it is ok for me.
Some calculations (average of the values ​​of a field) are used in the widgets. And I would like to log and visualize this result with graphite / grafana. So I thought it would be the easiest way to take the value of the widget.

If you could give me an example of such a search, I would be very grateful.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.