Feeding data from Graylog/Elasticsearch into Grafana

1. Describe your incident:
Following up on Connecting Graylog to Grafana via Elastisearch now that the 6.0 version is live.

Just trying to figure out the configuration required to connect graylog to grafana :smiley:

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information: Ubuntu 20.04 - Docker 20.10.21

• Package Version: 6.0.2

Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:
Graylog Docker compose.yml used:

I can attach grafana’s configuration if needed.

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
Attempted configuring a client certificate via https://[graylogAddress]/system/datanodes/configuration, adding an elasticsearch source in grafana, entering the CA, private key, and client cert.
(Error grafana shows is “Elasticsearch error: Bad Gateway”)

4. How can the community help?
I’m attempting to find a way to just simply feed data from graylog 6 into grafana. Previously this worked by just connecting Elasticsearch to grafana.

I know graylog 6 requires auth to connect to datanodes, just trying to get to the bottom of that.

Hey @brink

I have connected Grafana to Graylog, by using Elasticsearch plugin on Grafana.
But not Graylog to Grafana .

Yeah I think that’s the opposite direction from what I’m attempting to do.

I want to use the elasticSearch DataSource in Grafana to feed data from Graylog to Grafana. This is a thing that was achievable before, just trying to figure out what changed since I last did it in Graylog 4. :slight_smile:

I’m also going to tag @Joel_Duffield as he had responded to the previous thread on this topic, and I hope he can give us some guidance here.

Ya with datanode there is a new feature that you theoretically can make it work, but datanode is still mostly in beta so there isnt a ton of documentation or tribal knowledge about it yet. If possible i would continue to run graylog with just regular opensearch and connect the same way as before.

1 Like

Dang, I was hoping someone would know. Ah well.

I’ll continue taking swings at it and post a thread if I figure out it. Thanks all!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.