Exporting configuration from Graylog

Dear All,

I want to export an entire configuration from one Graylog system to another?

I know that content packs could be used to export dashboards,inputs and streams. However, I have a large number of pipeline rules inn multiple stages attached to streams

Is there a way to export pipeline rules and import them into a second Graylog server as well?

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Jake

currently the only solution is to export from the database - with the upcoming release this will be more easy.

You would need to export parts or the complete database from one host to the other.

1 Like

HI Jan,

Can you point me towards some documentation regarding MongoDB tables needed or is it simply exporting and importing the whole database?

Cheers

Jake

Hi Jan,

I am going to look at the table structures within MongoDB for exporting.

I am assuming that you will need to use mongodump command to create a BSON formatted dump.

Next, I will download a VM and try to re install config.

Will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Jake

Hi Jan,

Here a screenshot of my current graylog mongodb collection

graylog-mongod

Are there any parts of the collection that I should avoid? I want to export inputs,dashboards, streams, piepline rules and lookup table at a minimum.

So is it better to just export those parts of the collection or just the whole lot?

Cheers

Jake

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.