Error upgrading to 6.3

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
I am attempting to upgrade Graylog from 6.2.5 to 6.3.1 on Ubuntu 24.04.2. I am following the instructions here: Upgrade Graylog on Ubuntu

When I run the sudo apt-get update command, I get the following error:

E: Conflicting values set for option Signed-By regarding source https://downloads.graylog.org/repo/debian/ stable: /usr/share/keyrings/graylog-archive-keyring.gpg != /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/graylog-keyring.gpg
E: The list of sources could not be read.

2. Describe your environment:

  • OS Information: Ubuntu 24.04.2

  • Package Version: 6.2.5/6.3.1

  • Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:
    Available upon request.

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
I’ve tried deleting the both of the referenced keyrings, and re-running the upgrade process.

4. How can the community help?
Does anyone have any advice on how to get this upgrade done?

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Well, I consulted with an ubuntu expert and was able to get my problem solved.

For some reason, I had a 2nd file for graylog in /etc/apt/sourses.list.d/ that was conflicting with the new sources file for 6.3. I deleted the old sources file and the upgrade worked.