Docker Graylog Entreprise 5.0.1 plugin "is not installed"

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:

I’ve been using the docker graylog-enterprise image for ages.

I have used a free license so far but also a test license from my company. All of a sudden enterprise features like OIDC login did not work anymore (preventing login to my instance).

After resetting my admin user and logging in I see that I don’t have the enterprise plugin anymore. However it is installed as I can see under system nodes and in the filesystem.

As it is not installed I can not enter my license key anymore… (or find out what’s wrong with the license)

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information:
    docker 20.10.x on debian 11

• Package Version:

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:
    there are no errors in the log.

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
reloaded the image.

4. How can the community help?
anyone aware of the problem and knows how to tell the server that the plugin is available?

Question: I have added my own CA to cacerts-Truststore. Maybe there are connection problems to the licensing server? Could it be that the license did disable itself and thus breaks the plugin? However I don’t see the license page anymore to validate the license and errors (as the plugin is not enabled).

Thanks for helping!

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hey @logopk1

I have Graylog Enterprise lincense ( free). It’s connected to my Windows AD DC with Keycloak as my SSO.
For testing I reset my Admin password in Graylog.conf file and then execute restart start on Graylog Container. I was unable to get the same results.

Do you see errors/warnings in log files?

did the Enterprise-plugin disabled itself because you are sending to many GB logs into your instance?

It may have been deactivated as it could not reach the license server (as the cacerts file did not contain any other CAs anymore!).
However usually I can visit the license page and see that it is disabled.

BUT I did not see any enterprise features, as the plugin was not available. And I could not get it back with restarting, deleting the image, etc.

Now: I updated to 5.0.2 and now the plugin is back. All is well, but that gave me quite a heartattack, as you lose oidc functionality without enterprise, and none of the users can login anymore as they are in an invalid (externally synced) state.

1 Like