Trouble Install Enterprise Plugin

Hi I am trying to install the enterprise plugin on graylog docker image. I followed the instructions from documentation that showed how to mount a volume of the plugin. However, I am not seeing the plugin installed.

Setup

• Graylog 3.0.0
  • Graylog Docker image 3.0
  • Ubuntu 16.04
  • Elastic search / image 5.6
  • MongoDB image 3

Steps

1. created a plugin directory
  2. download the plugin
  3. edited the docker-compose file:
  4. restarted docker-compose

Docker-compose file

version: ‘2’
services:
mongo:
image: “mongo:3”
volumes:
- mongo_data:/data/db
elasticsearch:
image: “docker.elastic.co/elasticsearch/elasticsearch:5.6.10
volumes:
- es_data:/usr/share/elasticsearch/data
ports:
- 9200:9200
environment:
- http.host=0.0.0.0
- xpack.security.enabled=false
- ES_JAVA_OPTS=-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m
ulimits:
memlock:
soft: -1
hard: -1
mem_limit: 4g
graylog:
image: graylog/graylog:3.0
volumes:
- graylog_journal:/usr/share/graylog/data/journal
- . /graylog/plugin/graylog-plugin-auth-sso-3.0.0.jar:/usr/share/graylog/plugin/graylog-plugin-auth-sso-3.0.0.jar
environment:
GRAYLOG_PASSWORD_SECRET: pwd
GRAYLOG_ROOT_PASSWORD_SHA2: pwd
GRAYLOG_HTTP_EXTERNAL_URI: http://ip:port/
links:
- mongo
- elasticsearch
depends_on:
- mongo
- elasticsearch
ports:
- 9000:9000
- 12201:12201/udp
- 514:514
- 1514:1514
- 514:514/udp
- 12201:12201

where did you include the enterprise plugin?

Hey @jan,

My bad. I mounted the plugin under the volume in graylogs.

I put the plugin in the /root/graylog/plugin/ directory and mounted it to the /usr/share/ directory.

Docker Compose file

graylog:
image: graylog/graylog:3.0
volumes:
- graylog_journal:/usr/share/graylog/data/journal
- /root/graylog/plugin/graylog-plugin-auth-sso-3.0.0.jar:/usr/share/graylog/plugin/graylog-plugin-auth-sso-3.0.0.jar

- /root/graylog/plugin/graylog-plugin-enterprise-3.0.2.jar:/usr/share/graylog/plugin/graylog-plugin-enterprise-3.0.2.jar

is that folder and file readable by “world” as Graylog runs as user.

@jan yes, they both have the access to folder and volume.

Would the version of plugin make a differences? I have graylog 3.0 and plugin 3.0.2.

the docker image is 3.0.2 - if you got that recently …

If the Graylog user is able to read the plugin I can’t imagine why that shouldn’t be activated. Does the Docker Container shows the SSO Plugin as loaded during startup?

Yes, it does show up during startup. I finally saw this:

error

graylog_1 | 2019-07-03 20:59:46,884 INFO : org.graylog2.bootstrap.CmdLineTool - Loaded plugin: AWS plugins 3.0.0-alpha.1 [org.graylog.aws.plugin.AWSPlugin]
graylog_1 | 2019-07-03 20:59:46,887 INFO : org.graylog2.bootstrap.CmdLineTool - Loaded plugin: Single Sign-On (SSO) Authentication Provider 3.0.0 [org.graylog.plugins.auth.sso.SsoAuthPlugin]
graylog_1 | 2019-07-03 20:59:46,888 INFO : org.graylog2.bootstrap.CmdLineTool - Loaded plugin: Collector 3.0.0-alpha.1 [org.graylog.plugins.collector.CollectorPlugin]
graylog_1 | 2019-07-03 20:59:46,890 ERROR: org.graylog2.bootstrap.CmdLineTool - Plugin “Graylog Enterprise” requires version 3.0.2 - not loading!

analysis

the only difference is the version. The mounting of the plugin is the same. I am trying to wrap my head around this issue because there’s no java warnings or errors around it.

the startup should reveal the Graylog version too …

so you know what exact version your container is, just fetching again should give you the 3.0.2 image.

@jan Would there be a plugin graylog image 3.0.0. ?

I did not get the question …

@jan, is there archived versions of the enterprise plugin? I would rather download enterprise plugin 3.0.0 rather than upgrading the docker image. Sorry for the bad question.

Looks like upgrading the graylog image to 3.0.2 resolved the issue. This ticket can be closed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.