Deleted Extractor Still Running

Hello everyone,

I have an input that previously had an extractor that has since been deleted. However when a new log matches the old extractor criteria, it still runs. It’s like it’s hidden and I can no longer edit or completely remove it. The old extractor would create a new field if data matched a regular expression.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause behavior like this?

My Environment details:

GrayLog - 15 Nodes running: 2.4.6
Elasticserach - 8 Data Nodes running: 5.6.9
MongoDB - 3 Nodes in a replica set running: 3.6.8

Thank you

Update,

After a few hours the extractor has stopped running on a handful of graylog nodes, but not all the nodes. It’s like there is a massive delay between the time I removed the extractor and when the node quits processing it. Any ideas?

I experienced the same before. Maybe a bug, but it hard to reproduce, so…

@macko003 I’ve noticed this also happens with pipelines. Did you experience the delay with pipelines and extractors?

he @samhut101

that is not a know issues - what you described is only seen when the messages and Graylog does not have the same time. It will look like a delay but in reality the messages are just displayed later than the time they arrive. because the timestamp is in the future (for example)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.