Aggregation of an Aggregation

1. Describe your incident:
I would like to create an Aggregation based on another Aggregation, so a nested Aggregation if you will.

I have created an aggregation showing the latest status of a ticket (specifically alerts from O365):

I would like to then create a further Aggregation based on this (showing a pi-chart of current statuses), by grouping by the Latest(o365_alert_status) field and using the count metric.

Can I create either a nested Aggregation, an Aggregation based on this Aggregation or can I create a metric, based on another metric (or any other solution)?

2. Describe your environment:

• Package Version: Graylog 4.3.8+8c4705e on graylog (Private Build 1.8.0_342 on Linux 5.15.0-48-generic)

4. How can the community help?
Does anyone have any advice on how (or if) this is achievable?

Hello @3bCarl && Welcome

I have not created a widget for a “Aggregation based on another Aggregation”. Sound good thou.

As for…

I gave this a try and was unable to create a PIE chart with Latest Value. Here was the test I execute.
Trying to mimic your widget lay out but I had to use different fields.

Test#1

Based off your explanation, unfortunately the pie chart did not work with Latest Value, so I had this configuration.

or

Not sure if you seen this document.

I think this maybe something your looking for.

That’s about all I have for ya, I know it not what your looking for but maybe someone else here has done that.

Not sure if this would help, but using Cardinality in a bar chart?

Thanks @gsmith.

Yes, the pi chart won’t show anything in my example as I can’t convert the results of the metrics (latest value in my example) into a numeric count (likely using cardinality as you have suggested). I’m currently using the above data table as a work around and sorting by status to see what’s open or new.

Alas, it seems it’s not currently possible to use cardinality on the latest value (or use a metric of a metric).

Thanks for the pointers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.