Webpack failing when building locally (mvn compile)

After using graylog-project to download graylog-2.4. I have tried running mvn compile several times in the graylog-project folder with out success.

I keep getting a webpack -bail failed.

Graylog is using Node v6.9.2 and NPM 4.0.3.

Specifically this error comes from the graylog-plugin-map-widget.

[ERROR] npm ERR! argv "/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog-plugin-map-widget/node/node" "/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog-plugin-map-widget/node/node_modules/npm/bin/npm-cli.js" "run" "build"
[ERROR] npm ERR! node v6.9.2
[ERROR] npm ERR! npm  v4.0.3
[ERROR] npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
[ERROR] npm ERR! MapWidget@2.4.1 build: `webpack --bail`
[ERROR] npm ERR! Exit status 2
[ERROR] npm ERR!
[ERROR] npm ERR! Failed at the MapWidget@2.4.1 build script 'webpack --bail'.
[ERROR] npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
[ERROR] npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the MapWidget package,
[ERROR] npm ERR! not with npm itself.
[ERROR] npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
[ERROR] npm ERR!     webpack --bail
[ERROR] npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
[ERROR] npm ERR!     npm bugs MapWidget
[ERROR] npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
[ERROR] npm ERR!     npm owner ls MapWidget
[ERROR] npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

These are the steps I have taken to get to this state…

1. graylog-project bootstrap https://github.com/Graylog2/graylog-project.git --manifest=manifests/2.4.json
  2. cd graylog-project
  3. mvn compile

Locally I have node 9.7 and npm 5.6 installed. Using mvn 3.5.2 and webpack 3.11.0
Also java 1.8

Please post the complete output of the build process.
Also, which system user are you using to run the build?

I am using my normal system user. This user has admin rights and the ability to use sudo

Here is a link to logs. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t6aFZ-BkSSl3CpcU8mqSd4LorsnN_5oP

There seems to be a issue with webpack. After running webpack --bail on on of the plugins (map widget)… I get the following.

ERROR in ./src/web/index.jsx
Module build failed: ReferenceError: Unknown plugin "add-module-exports" specified in "/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/.babelrc" at 0, attempted to resolve relative to "/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev"
    at /Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/options/option-manager.js:180:17
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
    at Function.normalisePlugins (/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/options/option-manager.js:158:20)
    at OptionManager.mergeOptions (/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/options/option-manager.js:234:36)
    at OptionManager.init (/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/options/option-manager.js:368:12)
    at File.initOptions (/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/index.js:212:65)
    at new File (/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/file/index.js:135:24)
    at Pipeline.transform (/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-core/lib/transformation/pipeline.js:46:16)
    at transpile (/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js:50:20)
    at /Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/fs-cache.js:118:18
    at ReadFileContext.callback (/Users/pbrocker/pondurance/graylog/graylog-dev/graylog-project-repos/graylog2-server/graylog2-web-interface/node_modules/babel-loader/lib/fs-cache.js:31:21)
    at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterOpen [as oncomplete] (fs.js:441:13)

After further investigation… I found that a .babelrc file was somehow added to the root of my graylog-project folder. After removing this file… webpack --bail no longer fails.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.