WARNING: sun.reflect.Reflection.getCallerClass is not supported

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
Just installed Graylog 4.2.5 and upon checking the status of the Graylog service, I received the error message below. The server is up and running and I’m able to access it without issue.

● graylog-server.service - Graylog server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/graylog-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Mon 2022-01-10 23:16:19 UTC; 8s ago
Docs: http://docs.graylog.org/
Main PID: 2311489 (graylog-server)
Tasks: 103 (limit: 19110)
Memory: 809.7M
CGroup: /system.slice/graylog-server.service
├─2311489 /bin/sh /usr/share/graylog-server/bin/graylog-server
└─2311533 /usr/bin/java -Xms1g -Xmx1g -XX:NewRatio=1 -server -XX:+ResizeTLAB -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Djdk.tls.acknowledgeCloseNotify=true →

Jan 10 23:16:19 servername systemd[1]: Started Graylog server.
Jan 10 23:16:19 servername graylog-server[2311533]: WARNING: sun.reflect.Reflection.getCallerClass is not supported. This will impact performance.

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

• Package Version:

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:
    servername:~$ java -version
    openjdk version “17.0.1” 2021-10-19
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 17.0.1+12-Ubuntu-120.04)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.1+12-Ubuntu-120.04, mixed mode, sharing)

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
Looked in the Community and scoured the web for anyone else that may have the same issue.

4. How can the community help?
What concerns me most is the following line: “This will impact performance.” Has anyone seen this recently and if so, is there a resolution for it?

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hello,

I have seen that issue here

https://coderedirect.com/questions/347020/is-log4j2-compatible-with-java-11

Hope that helps

Thanks, gsmith. I appreciate the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.