Unable to change default index in Graylog2

I’m trying to set the elasticsearch index name in graylog configuration file. But its not reflected after the initialisation. Still its creating index as “graylog_0” in elasticsearch.

Should I need to make changes in somewhere else ?.

config entry:

elasticsearch_index_prefix = syslog
elasticsearch_template_name = syslog-internal
elasticsearch_cluster_name = syslog

Elasticsearch output:

[root@syslog-10 ~]# curl http://localhost:9200/_cat/indices?pretty
green open graylog_0 4 0 0 0 520b 520b
[root@syslog-10 ~]#

Please help. Thanks

(Jochen) #2

Which version of Graylog are you using?

I’m using graylog-server-2.2.3-1.noarch

Done the installation based on this doc : http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.2/pages/installation/os/centos.html

(Jochen) #4

The index-specific settings like template name and index prefix have been moved into the database as part of the Index Set configuration.

Thanks, Now I can create my own index in elsaticsearch.

But unable to delete the default index as “streams was assigned to default index” . I tried to change the default streams to newly created one. But couldn’t find an option to changes the default streams.

I could change the default index set to newly created.

I can create custom index now . but Logs are still going to default index [ graylog_0] not to my custom index.

Should I need to make any changes in the settings to send all message to custom index ?

Please help. Thanks.

(Jochen) #7

You have to assign your custom index set to the “All messages” stream.

An index set can only be deleted if there are no streams using it.

If you don’t mind, could you please share some screenshot where I can assign the custom index to “all Messages” streams.

I tried , I can change only the default index. but couldn’t find an option to assign “All messages” stream to custom index

(Jochen) #9

You’re right. It’s currently not possible to change the index set used by the “All messages” stream. :thinking:

Unable to change default index used by 'All messages' stream
(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.