Timestamp problem


#1

hi,

I have a weird problem that occurs often. (Graylog 2.2.3) It has indexing errors:

My guess the problem is this:

“timestamp”:“2017-05-09 00:00:00.000”

I don’t understand why this happens, as I use an extractor:

> {
>       "title": "timestamp ext",
>       "extractor_type": "split_and_index",
>       "converters": [
>         {
>           "type": "date",
>           "config": {
>             "date_format": "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssZ"
>           }
>         }
>       ],
>       "order": 0,
>       "cursor_strategy": "copy",
>       "source_field": "message",
>       "target_field": "timestamp",
>       "extractor_config": {
>         "index": 1,
>         "split_by": "|"
>       },
>       "condition_type": "none",
>       "condition_value": ""
>     }

and the test message is as follows:

2017-05-09T00:00:00Z|public|

Now: the original line does not have a space between date and time. If I use the same extractor without the date converter, the same happens. Also, if I change to flexible date converter, this happens. I can easily change the date format in the logline that is sent, but I thought this format was the right one. Also, if I add milliseconds to the date format, the same seems to happen.

The input is raw TCP input.


#2

Please ignore. Writing the problem down helped thinking, but eventually the problem was elsewhere and my fault.


(system) #3

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.