Setting up Archive in Graylog enterprise cluster

I have set up with help a Graylog cluster.
I have 3 servers with loadbalncer infront . I am moving from a standalone deployment to the cluster.
My standalone has an Archive, My question is how to I set this up for the cluster?
I would guess I add the network mount to the /etc/fstab for each of the 3 in the cluster and go into the main web interface and add the archive via the GUI. Is this correct or am I missing a step?
Thanks!

Hello && Welcome @Masklyne

This question has been ask a few times here. Building a cluster from the single node there are a lot of steps to consider. Before you start setting and configuring you may want to look here.

Hi it’s good to be here. I guess I am not looking around hard enough in the forum. I have the cluster built everything is up I just need to move the archives over before moving ahead.

@Masklyne

On I see, So the question is "HowTo " move the archive? I haven’t done this , but looking at my GL server I configured Archive Backends

Assuming I can just SCP this to the new cluster.

graylog@834a83939ca9:/tmp/graylog-archive$ pwd
/tmp/graylog-archive
graylog@834a83939ca9:/tmp/graylog-archive$ ls -al
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 3 graylog graylog 4096 Jul  1 23:42 .
drwxrwxrwt 1 root    root    4096 Jul  1 23:42 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 graylog graylog 4096 Jul  1 23:42 graylog_32-20220702-044201-834
graylog@834a83939ca9:/tmp/graylog-archive$

Hi gsmith, Thank you for clarifying my post. Yes the question is how to move the archive over. Ok based on what your showing me I will go to each graylog in the cluster, mount the archive(the archive is currently a network share) Then go into the Web UI and configure the archive backend.

Yeah that should work, mounting a shared networked filesystem. Each node would have a copy & sync archive directory. Haven’t done it with Graylog but in the past I have used GlusterFS, Network (Samba & NFS),SSHFS, etc…

Fantastic, thank you for the update. I will go ahead and give that a try and post my progress back here in case anybody else comes across this and means to figure out what’s going on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.