Rounding / formatting values in aggregated data tables

This seems like a relatively simply thing to do, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this.

I collect a bunch of data from some servers, like RAM and CPU usage. I aggregate that data and compute averages over given time periods using Graylog’s Aggregation widgets. As long as I only use charts for visualization, everything looks fine. But when I add a Data Table to look at the actual values, the output is hideous and basically unreadable. Check out this Github issue for an example.

What I would like to be able to do is to round values after they have been aggregated by Graylog. I’ve read recommendations to perform the rounding either on the original data or within a pipeline, but those approaches don’t work for me, because I want to be able to use Graylog’s ability to dynamically adjust the given time frames and aggregation levels.

In a perfect world I would be able to simply provide a format string either to the whole widget, the averaging metric, the data table or even a column of a data table, so I would be able to control the formatting and rounding of the values with one parameter.

Hey @szimmer

Im not aware of anything like that unless using Piepline and attaching it to a stream to automate it. Graylog does have a paid version not sure about metrics for open version.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.