Problems about sorting in the datatable

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
The problem I meet is that I create an extractor that can get the duration time form the logger. I put them in the datatable and want to sort with duration desc with its timestamp. I found out that the data table show me the result that the duration time ordered in the String form instead of numeric. However, if I sort the duration with duration time only(no timestamp). It works. I wanna if something I got wrong.

2. Describe your environment:
windows server 2016 datacenter
Graylog 5.0.6+51f2df8 on d838a8d5dc50 (Eclipse Adoptium 17.0.6 on Linux 3.10.0-1062.4.1.el7.x86_64)

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?
I have tried to use the converter in the extractor but it doesn’t work.

4. How can the community help?
Any idea that can help me to make the duration order preperly with the timestamp.

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hey @Kagari

What happens if you move “duration” above “Timestamp” ?

Hey @gsmith ,
I have tried that before I posted my question here. They have no change except their locations. I attached the screenshot here.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.