Plug-in development idea

Hi Graylog Community,

is there a website / community-thread with ideas listed for an useful graylog plug-in?

You want to develop a plugin but have no idea and want a list to grep ideas from? Or did you want to check what is already given to pick one?

hi @jan
I have some ideas already.
But maybe there’s an online resource with a pool of useful ideas to implement for the graylog project.

1. Monitoring Plug-in: Monitor the hardware spec’s of the machine where Graylog instance is running
  2. Sniffer: Sniff & Parse & Aggregate OSI stack packets (TCP, UDP, …) of the server where Graylog is active (e.g. pcap4j) => I’m not sure if this is useful because there are protocols like netflow already…
  3. Stream Flow Visualizer: kind of a graphics programming language (e.g. pure data with “patch cables”) --> connect different streams to another stream in order to route the “traffic”, kind-of modular
  4. kind of JDBC Export / Import tool… can’t see any usecases for me atm & there’s already a output logstash solution I’ve read about

What’s your opinion about my ideas?
I’m going to do a university project - want to contribute & I’m not quite sure if my ideas are meaningful for the community…

I guess the best source is the Graylog Github repository:

In addition some Plugins are in our labs org:

Those are drafts, first ideas of Graylog developers but nothing that is maintained regular.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.