Org.graylog2.journal.entries-uncommitted returns 0

(Laakkus) #1

Graylog version: 2.5.1

If I use the webUI for the GET request, it returns “the correct” value !=0, BUT when I use it from command line with the following curl, it ALWAYS returms:
{“value”:0}

curl -u mytokenhere:token -H ‘Accept: application/json’ -X GET “http://graylogserver:9000/api/system/metrics/org.graylog2.journal.entries-uncommitted

try it with admin username and password. I saw some interesting behavior with wrong token/rights settings.

(Laakkus) #3

try it with admin username and password. I saw some interesting behavior with wrong token/rights settings.

Thanks for the fast reply, I tried but the result is the same. (always 0)

What do you see under /api/system/journal ?
I use it for monitoring.

// I checked the value in my systems, and it shows the current in browser and in curl too.

(Laakkus) #5

Better… it shows more reasonable numbers.

I tried asking the metric from the master node directly (not via LB), it shows a number which seems right.

I have 5 nodes behind a load balancer, only if the request goes to master node, the metric value is from a sensible range of values.

ATM I have the In/Out values “crashing” from time to time, and the journal utilization & messages deleted from the journal warnings appear. A bit strange behavior, log messages continue to flow into the configured streams and are searchable. After re-starting the services (master started first) the in/out in the top of the webui starts showing ~15k/15k msg/s again.

Maybe I have to write a script as a dirty workaround to auto-restart-if-conditions-met while waiting for the next update.