OpenVZ / Centos Install Problem

I came across Graylog for the first time today, and was interested to see it in action. I tried an install on OpenVZ using Centos 7 Minimal.

Base graylog install failed, because Java is not installed by default… Might be good to add that to the SPEC file as a dependency to have it automagically added… but that was a minor issue. As per the below, it looks like the graylog unit file is trying to start a service that is masked on OpenVZ. Is there an actuals reason for this dependency? Is it required?

Feb 16 21:45:57 logger systemd: graylog-server.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Feb 16 21:45:57 logger systemd: Cannot add dependency job for unit systemd-vconsole-setup.service, ignoring: Unit is masked.
Feb 16 21:45:57 logger systemd: Stopped Graylog server.
Feb 16 21:45:57 logger systemd: Started Graylog server.
Feb 16 21:45:59 logger systemd: graylog-server.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Feb 16 21:45:59 logger systemd: Unit graylog-server.service entered failed state.
Feb 16 21:45:59 logger systemd: graylog-server.service failed.

Ping: Anyone able to comment on this? What is the reason for the dependency of systemd-vconsole-setup.service … and can it be avoided?

@gregk
TBH im not sure whats going on, What version of Graylog did you try to install and how did you install it.
Need for info about your environment. For what I can see looks like it might be you graylog-server configuration file.

https://docs.graylog.org/en/4.0/pages/installation/os/centos.html#prerequisites

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.