Login via Firefox, get splash screen, but doesn't make it to login credentials "Loading please wait" with spinny that just keeps going...

Baseline

MongoDB version 6.0.6
Opensearch version 2.7.0
Greylog version 5.1.1

Setup on localhost (both OVA and Stand-alone computer)

FIPS enabled
SELinux Enforcing

Install configured to Graylog none-secure install for RHEL7-9

cluster.name: graylog
node.name: ${HOSTNAME}
path.data: /var/lib/opensearch
path.logs: /var/log/opensearch
discovery.type: single-node
network.host: 127.0.0.1
action.auto_create_index: false
plugins.security.disabled: true

All services are running
I don’t see connection Erros in any of the logs
netstat -ant shows that everything is connecting to each other (mongo->Opensearch>I see the firefox connection to graylog)
NOTE: I have two setups, one has OpenJava the other no JAVA is installed, both fail the same

I’ve read hundreds of google searches and tested many other config lines (none worked) so I went back to a clean setup.

It looks like a program or login applet is failing to run.

Gut feeling is the passwords, but I don’t get to the login screen so I don’t think that’s it either.

Any help?

Thanks

Frank

Do you have any browser plugins or script blockers that might be preventing the page from loading within Firefox?

Does another browser work?

Good Idea, but I tested with a locked down firefox and a 8.6 RHEL out-of-the-box no lock system, both failed in the same way.

There are no other installed browsers on our system, so can’t test.

Update, I rebuilt everything at home (vice work computer) on virtaulbox 7.x OVA, ran through the same setup, the following delta’s where done:
Updated from graylog 5.1.1 to 5.1.2
Added “127.0.0.1:9000” to “http_publish_uri =” In the directions this is not required, but one of the two items that changed made it work.

This minor fix was very frustrating for the time I put into it!
Thank you for your idea’s.

Solved
Frank

1 Like