Logfile size question

I am trying to see how much disk space my log files are using, but when in the CLI and browsing to the log directory: /var/log/gragraylog/server, I can only get to the graylog directory, and when trying to cd to the /server directory, I get a Permission denied message. I have tried to su cd/server, but I am prompted for a password, but I don’t know what the password is. As of now, all my passwords are the default ones since I am only testing the app. I want to be able to keep my eye on the log size so I can know how much storage to plan for when I roll this into production. So, I guess what I need to know is what is the default su password for a graylog instance.

Thanks!

Please refer to http://docs.graylog.org/en/2.3/pages/installation/virtual_machine_appliances.html#logging-in

But be aware that the /var/log/graylog/ directory in the OVA and AMI only contains the log files of Graylog itself, not the data that has been ingested.

You can see the size of the indices and index sets in the Graylog web interface on the System/Indices page.

Perfect! That is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.