LDAPConnector trying to connect to LDAP Server null

I am trying to configure Graylog to auth to either AD or LDAP, don’t even care which at this point, and it’s failing. I’ve turned on trace logging, and see this in my error logs:

2019-10-02T17:38:29.089-05:00 TRACE [LdapConnector] Connecting to LDAP server null:-1, binding with user <user>@<domain.ltd>

I dumped my Mongdo collection and the ldap_uri value is populated fine:

graylogrs0:PRIMARY> db.ldap_settings.find()
{ “_id” : ObjectId(“5d95254a4f44a10ba1af15ed”), “use_start_tls” : false, “system_password” : “”, “principal_search_pattern” : “(&(objectClass=user)(sAMAccountName={0}))”, “username_attribute” : “displayName”, “system_password_salt” : “”, “system_username” : “@<domain.ltd>”, “trust_all_certificates” : true, “group_search_base” : null, “default_group” : “5d951d854f44a1e4b0b97699”, “group_search_pattern” : null, “active_directory” : true, “enabled” : true, “group_id_attribute” : null, “search_base” : “ou=Users,dc=domain,dc=ltd”, “group_role_mapping_list” : , “ldap_uri” : “ldap://ldap.mydomain.com:389/” }

Any ideas where to try next?

Turns out, having an LDAP server name with an underscore causes this issue. Changing my LDAP server DNS name to one with a dash works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.