LDAP Settings - Not Saving

Not sure what i could be doing wrong, but every time i input my LDAP settings and hit save everything just clears out. Anyone run into this issue? I test server connection, works fine. Do a Login Test, works fine. Hit Save, settings disappear.

I tried running sudo graylog-ctl reconfigure after too, settings still dont appear.

Graylog version: Graylog v2.2.1+4829190

:frowning:

Hej @c0ffeetime did you check what can be found in your graylog server.log ?

we have written down where to find them.

I had a similar problem and had to do the following due to a corrupted LDAP entry;
1.ssh to the primary Graylog server
2.sudo su - root
3.cd /opt/graylog/mongodb
4…/bin/mongo
use graylog
db.ldap_settings.drop()
exit
5.graylog-ctl restart
6.exit (out of root)

@jan , here is an error message caught in /var/log/graylog/server/

4000000058b45a8f2d64896c.u:2017-02-27_16:44:41.14360 2017-02-27 08:44:41,143 ERROR: org.graylog2.security.ldap.LdapSettingsServiceImpl - Graylog does not yet support multiple LDAP backends, but 3 configurations were found. This is a bug, ignoring LDAP config.

@harryw, that actually worked! The LDAP settings stuck and i can login with an NT account. Now though, looks like permissions of roles aren’t sticking to the NT account. Grrr! Do i gotta do that each time i mess what ldap config? ;(

hej @c0ffeetime

did you notice what the Message is?

Graylog does not yet support multiple LDAP backends, but 3 configurations were found. This is a bug, ignoring LDAP config.

Did you configure multiple Backends? If not, please open an issue giving much details about what you had done.

@jan,

I did notice that but, i don’t recall setting up multiple backends…i believe that error is a gdamn lie! i’ll open an issue. Thanks for your help!

type in shell:
mongo
use graylog
db.ldap_settings.remove({})