How to send Event Definition Title in Telegram Alert?

Hi,

I’m using this simple code inside Telegram Notification:

🔐 ${event_definition_title}
${foreach backlog message}
source: ${message.source}

`${message.message}`
${end}

But I’m not getting the Event Definition title/name (Linux SSH Login Fail, for example) when Telegram Plugin send the alert to Telegram.

The result is this:

2022-02-21 13_34_35

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Hello,

Hard to tell what the issue is because of the lack of information needed to troubleshoot this issue. Anything else you can provide would be helpful.

Hi,

Here are some extra information:

Graylog version: Graylog 3.3.11+9335407
Telegram Plugin Version: telegram-alert-2.0.0.jar

It seems the plugin can’t resolve the variable ${event_definition_title} or the message structure is not correct, I don’t know

Earlier I was using [${stream.title}](${stream_url}) variables and it was working perfectly, getting the stream name + generating a hyperlink in the Telegram message.

Hello,

Oh yeah, that was the earlier version of GL.
I just noticed have you tried upgrading you plugin to version 2.3.7?

Hi,

I tried to update plugin to 2.3.1 version, which works on Graylog 3.3.0 or later
But, unfortunatelly it still can’t resolve the variable ${event_definition_title}

To use 2.3.7 version I’ll need to update Graylog because it works only on Graylog 4.2.2 or later.

Hello,

That’s odd, I’m not 100% sure but it may have something to do with the versions used.
Perhaps someone here has resolved this or you could ask the people who created this plugin why it doesn’t work.

Sorry I don’t have a direct answer.

I cannot reproduce this with the latest TelegramAlert and Graylog version, it works fine for me.

Btw: I usually don’t notice posts here, so feel free to open an issue or discussion on GitHub in the future - like gsmith already suggested.

2 Likes

It worked!

Graylog 3.3.16 + Telegram Plugin 2.3.1

I didn’t notice that now the plugin appears as an exclusive option (Telegram Notification) instead of Legacy Alarm Callbacks

I moved the config to this new method and now the stream name is inserted in the notifications:

2022-03-09 22_36_21

That’s the code I used:

⚠ <b>${event_definition_title}</b>
${foreach backlog message}
source: ${message.source}

<code>${message.message}</code>
${end}

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.