How to export Collector Sidecar Configurations

(Dietmar Schurr) #1

Hallo,

from a QA Graylog Cluster I want to export a number of Collector Sidecar Configurations (what you define in System -> Collctors -> Manage Configurations) to file and import it again on another Graylog cluster.
This is possible with via “content Packs” with streams, dashboards, inputs and so on.

But how can I export and import those Collector Sidecar Configurations. Even in the API- browser I couldn’t find it, that means what I found (/plugins/org.graylog.plugins.collector/collectors/collectors) did not work. The output is empty, but there are about 15 configurations defined.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Regards,

Dietmar Schurr

(Jochen) #2

You’ll have to export the respective collections from Graylog’s MongoDB database (e. g. using mongodump) and import them in the MongoDB database of the new environment.

(Dietmar Schurr) #3

Hallo Jochen,

thank a lot. I could export the collection collectors with
mongodump --host alt1:27017 -d graylog -c collectors -o /home/user1/
and restore with:
mongorestore -u graylog -p pwd --host neu1:27017 -d graylog -c collectors /home/user1/graylog/collectors.bson
I can find the configurations in the new cluster but they are labeled as “inactive”. How can they be activated?

Thanks in advance,

Dietmar Schurr

(Dietmar Schurr) #4

Hallo,

now the collector configuration is active. I simply had to modify the collector_sidecar.yml file on the client side. The file should point to the new cluster IP.

Ok. so the problem is solved.

Thanks you Jochen!

(marius) #5

Hi Dietmar,
you copied the wrong collection. The sidecar configurations are stored in collector_configurations. The running sidecars are hold in collectors.

Hope that helps,
Marius

(Dietmar Schurr) #6

Hallo Marius,

ok, but I can not find the collection collector_configuration:
rs_graylog:PRIMARY> show collections
alarmcallbackconfigurations
alarmcallbackhistory
alerts
archive_backends
archive_catalog
audit_log
cluster_config
cluster_events
collectors
content_packs
grok_patterns
index_failures
index_ranges
index_sets
inputs
ldap_settings
licenses
lut_caches
lut_data_adapters
lut_tables
nodes
notifications
pipeline_processor_pipelines
pipeline_processor_pipelines_streams
pipeline_processor_rules
roles
sessions
streamrules
streams
system_messages
users
rs_graylog:PRIMARY>

Is this collection somehow hidden?

Regards,
Dietmar Schurr

(marius) #7

If there is a Sidecar configuration with inputs/outputs/… there must be a collection by that name. Maybe you are looking at the wrong cluster?

(Dietmar Schurr) #8

Of course, you are right. I was looking into the wrong MongoDB.
Does it make sense to dump and import also the collection collector_actions?

Regards,

Dietmar Schurr

(Dietmar Schurr) #9

Ok, now I dumped and restored the collections **collector_actions** and collector-configurations.

And now, all the required Collector Configurations are available in the new cluster.
Great!

Thanks.

Dietmar Schurr

(marius) #10

The actions collection should be empty and it’s not necessary to copy it.

(system) #11

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.