How to adjust the pdf format in reports?

Hi, I have a simple question. Is it possible to adjust the parameters in the pdf document generated by the reports?
I mean page size other than A4 or US Letter, margin size, etc.

Because every time Graylog is updated, the pdf report looks completely different.

I have tried to change page size manually, directly in MySQL but this causes Graylog to stop working properly.

Renaming tables in the dashboard is not always helpful and settings in Enterprise/Reports are useless :frowning:

• OS Information:
    Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
  • Package Version:
    Graylog 5.0.5+d61a926 on graylog (Eclipse Adoptium 17.0.6 on Linux 5.15.0-60-generic)

Hey @RefOlfer

Correct me if I’m wrong but your using MySQL instead of MongoDB?

Hey @gsmith
Im very sorry, my mistake, yes it’s MongoDB not MySQL :man_facepalming:

Hey @RefOlfer

I just looked over my gl server, think thas is the only options besides Page Orientation. Looking at you screen shot I havent had that issue. Its that the actual PDF file in your screenshot?

Hey @gsmith
The left side is from gl 5.0.4 and the right side is from gl 5.0.5.
I have the same problem since gl 2.x.x
And yes, these are the actual screenshots of the two PDF files.

Hey @RefOlfer

That is insane, I just notice Is that a log file? and can i ask how you set that up. i was wondering if I can reproduce this issue in my lab.

Hey @RefOlfer I did two tests ,not sure if this is what your doing but I created one report with Message Table

and another with graph

To fully understand whats going on, perhaps tell us how you created this report or any configuration made.

Hi @gsmith
As you noticed, there is a table with a message, but that table itself is not a message.
This is the text extracted from the message table and placed in a specific table name as in the attached screenshot below.

In this example, I just needed the ORA error and the closest description of the ORA error.
Another reason I did this is because I needed a “unique values” feature like in Splunk, but EQL unfortunately doesn’t have it, or maybe it does, but I don’t know about it.

That’s why it looks odd.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.