Graylog 3.2 Enterprise - Reports not displayed properly

Hello,

Recently we have upgraded our graylog installation from 3.1.4 to 3.2 and we have noticed that the PDF reports sent from the enterprise plugin now are cut in the middle. Instead of showing the full report on several pages we have only half the information we need. Also i have noticed that on the configuration there is now a scrollbar which was not there in the previous version.

Is there something that we can revert from the settings in order to have a full report without cutting critical information?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @zay7sev,

we changed the widget from the old dashboard to the new dashboard. We and other user did not yet experienced your described problems. Could you please provide a example report to better understand your problem. And perhaps the configuration so I can try to reproduce the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Konrad

The issue were described in Private Message due to the fact that the samples contain data covered by EU GDPR regulations.
It was stated by @konrad that there is a bug , so we are waiting for a fix.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. It appears that the widget gets put in the report as an image, complete with an image of the scroll bar (which obviously doesn’t work in a pdf), rather than as the data. I have a widget that has 2000 lines, but only the first 9 rows display.

In configuring the report, the same is shown for the widget, except that the scroll bars work.

It seems to be affecting only the enterprise plugin.
@cttjern what i have done is to revert back to the old version.
In my case i rolled back the whole virtual machine 1 day backward before the update (using checkpoint in hyper-v i have made before i proceeded with the update itself) lost some data but at least kept the PDF reports unaffected by this bug.

zay7sev, that’s one solution. I hope another solution is available, though I to have a checkpoint available. Mine is also on a VM hosted by a Hyper-V server.

Konrad, any thoughts on this? To make sure it wasn’t an issue migrating the Dashboards, I created a fresh Dashboard and widget. Same thing happened. I can’t imagine zay7sev and I are the only ones this is affecting.

@cttjern , for now there is not.
However konrad reported it and they are working on a fix.

1 Like

@zay7sev is right @cttjern

currently no working solution is given to solve this. We will fix this - but that will not happen within hours. That is more something for days/weeks.

Sorry for the problems you run into.

1 Like

@jan,
Glad to hear it is being worked on. Thank you for the update.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.