Help required to ingest logs contains Java stack traces

Hi All,

logs have Stack traces are not ingested into graylog. Below is the example stack trace which didn’t ingested to our graylog system.

2020-12-09T16:50:58.421-08:00 [sm9265vcrmnzkblgxqnufqmhusa4fk8j-4-887194 appperf@example.com]   INFO common.logging.StdOutStdErrLogger - Unable to create /opt/b/logs/heapdumps: No such file or directory
2020-12-09T16:50:58.421-08:00 [sm9265vcrmnzkblgxqnufqmhusa4fk8j-4-887194 appperf@example.com] 2c.example.test 2744354 ERROR dagorlad.common.AppWorker - Get exception from job and persist it by jobRecorder with job id 2885517269286428272
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at com.example.tools.Misc$LongStack.ensureIndex(Misc.java:678) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.tools.Misc$LongStack.push(Misc.java:685) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.tools.Misc$LongStack.add(Misc.java:702) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.graph.SignatureGraph.signaturesToEdges(SignatureGraph.java:318) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.graph.SignatureGraph.signatureGraphData(SignatureGraph.java:352) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.graph.SignatureGraph.signatureGraph(SignatureGraph.java:393) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.dagorlad.grapher.GrapherWorkerService.buildAndUploadTopoModelLandmark(GrapherWorkerService.java:353) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.dagorlad.grapher.GrapherWorkerService.buildGraphHelper(GrapherWorkerService.java:206) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.dagorlad.grapher.GrapherWorker.buildGraph(GrapherWorker.java:484) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_92]
	at com.example.dagorlad.common.DagCallRouter.tryRoutingCall(DagCallRouter.java:59) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.dagorlad.common.BaseWorker.callFunctionInternal(BaseWorker.java:101) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]
	at com.example.dagorlad.common.BaseWorker.callFunction(BaseWorker.java:119) ~[example-platform-all-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:1.2.0-SNAPSHOT]

P.S : 1) we are using below GROK pattern for parsing the LongStack

CUSTOM_LOG %{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} \[%{DATA:issuer}\] %{IPORHOST:remote_addr} %{DATA:unknownid} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} (?m)%{GREEDYDATA:message}
  2) Graylog version 4.0.1 is deployed on server 

It would be very great, if somebody help me to ingest the above mentioned logs into graylog.

Thanks,
Karthikeyan

OutOfMemoryError, means you have low memory. Check RAM of graylog box, and also JVM heap size. Increase RAM or decrease JVM heap size.

I don’t think @karthikdevops was referring to the message as originating from Graylog. As I understand the problem, the overall message didn’t get ingested, and so he requires help ingesting the stack trace.

@karthikdevops can you please ensure your code/log messages are surrounded by ``` please?

1 Like

@aaronsachs , Thanks for understanding the problem exactly and your solution.
How do I add ``` ? I am using tail plugin of telegraf to ingest the application logs into graylog.

This is my configuration to push the logs using telegraf to graylog.

[[inputs.tail]]
  files = ["/opt/test/logs/**.log"]
  from_beginning = false
  name_override = "2a.example.test"
  grok_custom_pattern_files = []
  grok_patterns = ["%{CUSTOM_LOG}"]
  grok_custom_patterns = '''
  CUSTOM_LOG %{TIMESTAMP_ISO8601:timestamp} \[%{DATA:issuer}\] %{IPORHOST:remote_addr} %{DATA:unknownid} %{LOGLEVEL:loglevel} (?m)%{GREEDYDATA:message}
   '''
  grok_timezone = "UTC"
  data_format = "grok"

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.