Graylog Install Apt Key issue

I am trying to install Graylog on Ubuntu. Everything is fine until you get to the Elasicsearch section and the following command:

sudo apt-key add myKey
Result: Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).

Is there a workaround? I’m on Ubuntu jammy 22.04.1 LTS

Any ideas anyone?

Here is an outside article on apt-key that may help - Graylog should update their method/documentation.

You can put in a bug track for that to have the installation updated - Also noting to community manager @dscryber to give it a little umph…

1 Like

@tmcacgbay Thanks for the link. I’m not a linux man so still a little stumped as to how to get it going. If anyone else could maybe have a step by step ?

Opensource Graylog supports up to Ubuntu 20.04 and you are at 22.04.

https://docs.graylog.org/docs/operating-system-packages

The result is a warning but not an error, which means it still installed? If so you can continue from there but you run the risk of other issues. Make sure to pay attention to versions when installing Graylog… Mongo, Elasticsearch, OpenSearch (Preferred) have restrictions on how high a version you should use.

2 Likes

@tmacgbay THanks for your help tmac … I got it going with that link.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.