Graylog 5.1.0-rc.1 is available!

We’re proud to announce that our first release candidate for 5.1 is now available for download. Don’t let the dot version fool you, there are a lot of features packed into this release.

We will be announcing the new features for our Operations and Security products shortly, but here, I would like to highlight two of the exciting features that will be available for all Graylog products, including Open Source!

Smart Strategy is the name given to the new index time size rotation optimizing and retention automation feature. This new feature will allow Graylog to automatically manage all aspects of index rotation and retention in attached Opensearch clusters. It optimizes shard sizes and increases storage efficiency, while improving overall performance.

Smart Strategy automates an administrative task that has always been manual, removing the opportunity for costly human error and simplifying the user experience.

Graylog Version 5.1 also introduces improved inline pipeline rule debugging capabilities. The rule simulator is now built into the rule editing window. No longer requiring users to go to another screen in order to test pipeline rules.

We hope you are as excited to hear about these new updates as we are to give them to you. Stay tuned, there is more to come!

Download here:

5.1.0-rc.1

Release date: 2023-05-03

Great stuff, thank you !

Tanks @chris.black-gl

Good Stuff

This sounds promising to me. I’m looking forward for the final release!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.