Getting BAD Gateway for Graylog after installing the plugin

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:
When installing new plugin to graylog and restarting service I’m getting “Bad Gateway 502”

When I removing this plugin and restarting graylog service again I see no error and graylog works as usual

logs are below

2. Describe your environment:

• OS Information:
    PRETTY_NAME=“Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS”

• Package Version: Graylog 4.3.15+17ed3ac on BKSRLOGVP01 (Ubuntu 11.0.21 on Linux 5.15.0-91-generic)

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:

This are my plugins, I installed graylog-plugin-telegram-notification-2.4.0.jar only
root@BKSRLOGVP01:/usr/share/graylog-server/plugin# vi graylog-
graylog-plugin-aws-4.3.15.jar graylog-plugin-telegram-notification-2.4.0.jar graylog-storage-elasticsearch6-4.3.15.jar
graylog-plugin-collector-4.3.15.jar graylog-plugin-threatintel-4.3.15.jar graylog-storage-elasticsearch7-4.3.15.jar

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?

when plugin file deployed in plugin directory and graylog service restarted, im checking graylog service status and getting this:

:/usr/share/graylog-server/plugin# systemctl status graylog-server
● graylog-server.service - Graylog server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/graylog-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2024-01-17 12:59:00 UTC; 6s ago
Docs: http://docs.graylog.org/
Process: 70129 ExecStart=/usr/share/graylog-server/bin/graylog-server (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 70129 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

When I delete this telegram plugin and restart service, it works fine:

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/graylog-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Wed 2024-01-17 13:07:45 UTC; 2min 26s ago

so its definitely something I’m missing

4. How can the community help?

If someone faced such issue please let me know how to fix it

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Hey @solomon

Where did you get that plugin? And did you check if its compatible with your Graylog Version?

Hi,

I took it from Telegram Notification

It requires graylog version from 3.1 or later

Im currently using Graylog 4.3.15

it should be compatible, it looks like I’m missing something in the procedure, plugin documentation says that we just need to install plugin file into plugin directory and then we need to restart graylog service, but it doesnt work

Hey @solomon

Might want to check out this.

“Requires Graylog 5 or later. It’s recommended to use the latest Graylog release.”

I dont think it was udate fromGitHub.

Will check it out, thank you

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.