Broken graylog-server after update + revert

Hello.

I planned to upgrade our server to 4.0.5 today, but after doing so I got this message:

2021-03-10T10:35:37.769-08:00 WARN [PluginLoader] Plugin directory /usr/share/graylog/plugin does not exist, not loading plugins.
2021-03-10T10:35:38.078-08:00 INFO [CmdLineTool] Running with JVM arguments: -Xms1g -Xmx1g -XX:NewRatio=1 -XX:+ResizeTLAB -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSConcurrentMTEnabled -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -Djdk.tls.acknowledgeCloseNotify=true -XX:+UseParNewGC -Dlog4j.configurationFile=file:///etc/graylog/server/log4j2.xml -Djava.library.path=/usr/share/graylog-server/lib/sigar -Dgraylog2.installation_source=rpm
2021-03-10T10:35:38.406-08:00 INFO [Version] HV000001: Hibernate Validator null

Guice error (more detail on log level debug): No implementation for java.util.Map<org.graylog2.plugin.Version, javax.inject.Provider<org.graylog2.migrations.V20170607164210_MigrateReopenedIndicesToAliases$ClusterState>> was bound.
  Did you mean?
    org.graylog2.plugin.Version annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=elasticsearch_version) bound  at com.github.joschi.jadconfig.guice.NamedConfigParametersModule.registerParameters(NamedConfigParametersModule.java:80)

org.graylog2.migrations.V20170607164210_MigrateReopenedIndicesToAliases$ClusterState bound  at org.graylog2.storage.VersionAwareStorageModule.configure(VersionAwareStorageModule.java:60)

org.graylog2.plugin.Version annotated with interface org.graylog2.storage.ElasticsearchVersion bound  at org.graylog2.bindings.ElasticsearchModule.configure(ElasticsearchModule.java:28)

I see it is noting an elasticsearch version, our elasticsearch is ran in a docker container, and it has come up properly with no errors.

I then attempted to revert back, and now am on 3.3.11, and I still get the same message. I read that this may be an issue with plugins, but I’m not sure how to check… I do have this in the logs:

[PluginLoader] Plugin directory /usr/share/graylog/plugin does not exist, not loading plugins.

So, could this be the issue?

I dont think any of our other servers are using plugins, they also have the no plugin loaded message.

I am confused as to why the message and error persists, even after reverting back to the previous version.

After completely removing graylog from my system, and clean installing back on 3.3.11, it is back up.

I am still curious why this issue arose, and still plan to update to 4.0 in the future, but this makes me hesitant.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.