Geolocalisation in Graylog 3

Good Morning,

I want to ask , what are the step to do a geolocalisation from IP adress in graylog 3 ?

Thank you

the problem , it hasn’t more details ,

Best regards

you might want to clarify what isn’t clear for you. With that given we are able to help you.

It’s work but when the ip adress is private , the database doesn’t give the latitude and longitude .

What can I do for the private IP

If there is a private IP , they doesn’t show the map because the database can’t translate the IP adress to map data (longitude and latitude )

Thank you

It’s work but when the ip adress is private

How should that work? I guess you have millions of hosts with 192.168.0.1 - whoes latitude and longitude you want in that?

What can I do for the private IP

create your own database for your network that actually contain the information that fit to your network and use that in a lookup table!

Thanks ,

I think IT’s a good Idea to add database for the private adresse ( like 192.168.*** or 172.**** or 10.*** )

but how I can add all these IP adresse one by one , or what is the other way ?

thank you

google just showed me this: https://github.com/threatstream/mhn/wiki/Customizing-Maxmind-IP-Geo-DB-for-Internal-Networks

Disclaimer: I NEVER MADE THIS MYSELF NOT IS THAT SOMETHING I HAVE WRITTEN

thank you very much for your help

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.