ERROR: Unsupported Elasticsearch version: 2.0.0 when using opensearch 2.9

Before you post: Your responses to these questions will help the community help you. Please complete this template if you’re asking a support question.
Don’t forget to select tags to help index your topic!

1. Describe your incident:

I am trying to upgrade a graylog cluster from elasticsearch to opensearch 2.9.0

2. Describe your environment:
opensearch 2.9.0

• OS Information:
    CentOS 7

• Package Version:
    graylog-server-4.2.13-1.noarch

• Service logs, configurations, and environment variables:
    ################################################################################

ERROR: Unsupported Elasticsearch version: 2.0.0

Please see the following link(s) to help you with this error:

Need further help?

Terminating. :frowning:

################################################################################

3. What steps have you already taken to try and solve the problem?

I upgraded graylog from 4.2 to 5.1.
I pointed to a brand new opensearch cluster (I’m okay with it deleting old indexes that are not found).

4. How can the community help?
Is this a supported version of opensearch? Is it too new?

Helpful Posting Tips: Tips for Posting Questions that Get Answers [Hold down CTRL and link on link to open tips documents in a separate tab]

Can you share the full server.log?

Can you also share your server.conf file? (be sure to redact the admin password and password secret)

I suspect there may be something left behind in the server.conf for graylog but its difficult to know for certain without seeing it.

I can validate that graylog does run without issue with OpenSearch 2.9 as I am using that for my lab and have confirmed reports from others using it as well.

I solved this. I upgraded some of the nodes in my cluster to 5.1 but some got missed, and were still on 4.2

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.